Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wednesday has 9 letters

Let me start by saying...what the hell is this? I went grocery shopping to buy some essentials, such as "food" and "beverage", and came across this box of Gorilla Munch. Who is buying this? You? No you're not. And what's with all the Gorillas? Plus it appears that the one in front is actually in possession of a bowl, that's not very realistic. In all my times at the zoo, I've never encountered that situation, ever. Is there a continuation on the back of the box, where you see another Gorilla setting a table, maybe another cutting up bananas?! I'm never buying Gorilla Munch. I'll stick to my fave, Froot Loops. I also checked out some other cereals, all the generic ones are hilarious, btw. Plus I love how the names are so similar to the actual ones, like we're too stupid to tell the difference. I think I spent close to an hour in the cereal aisle, Phil Woodman was pissed. Here are a few I saw:

Real: Froot Loops
Fake: Froot Rings

Instead of Toucan Sam, we get some dirty circus monkey on the box. Kinda looks like that annoying monkey toy that just clangs the cymbals. And why didn't they just go with another bird? Like a sparrow, or the northern pintail.

Real: Cheerios
Fake: Toasted Oats

I bet when the bumblebee got wind of this imposter, he totally lost it. I mean, who had the balls to make a generic version of Cheerios, right? I'm sure he expressed his many concerns, but nobody cared. Why? Because we hate bees, they sting us.

Real: Rice Krispies
Fake: Crispy Rice

Anyone fooled by the name switcheroo? Maybe spell crispy with a "K" next time. As for Snap, Crackle & Pop, these kids have no goals in life. They spend their time making Rice Krispies, then sit around all day eating it. This is why you never see them with girls.

So remember, next time you're at the store...be warned that these generics are practically RIGHT next to the actuals. Don't be fooled.


xoxo,
Mike Mason

3 comments:

  1. oh my.....the other great thing about these is they come in a bag....just like regular cereal does...well..once you take it out of the box! What is the one always next to Toasted Oats....I think Puffed Rice or something like that. And Gorillas? I don't recall seeing that in Gorillas in the Mist. Must have missed that part of the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....Very nice. Maybe, somewhere in the world there are sophisticated gorillas that like Gorilla Munch...

    I buy Gorilla Munch! For the healthy benifits for my kids. We had the Peanut Butter Panda Puffs First(which are pretty good I might add) and I was reluctant to go with the Gorilla. But, they're actually really good! You should give them a try. Although, you can never go wrong with Fruit Loops.

    Thanks for the laughs!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete